The initiative now enters a new phase with the new procurement contract under the Digital Europe Programme.
The eArchiving Initiative continues the work of the eArchiving Building Block and former E-ARK projects.
- Open specifications for packaging digital information that needs to be sent, managed, curated and disseminated.
- Open source components and governance tools that can be reused when implementing a digital preservation project.
- Events and training opportunities to support the digital preservation community.
- Sharing experience, knowledge and solutions to support the formation of a transnational network of experts.
- Support and assistance to organisations implementing digital preservation projects.
The current phase of the work formally started on the 1st of October 2022 and will run for two years. The E-ARK Consortium, which provides services on behalf of the European Commission is led by the Austrian Institute of Technology, and additionally comprises Highbury Research & Development Ltd. (Ireland), DLM Forum MTÜ (Estonia), Gabinete Umbus SL (Spain), and Keep Solutions LDA (Portugal). They are cooperating with a long line of archives and solution providers across Europe.
Announcements and updates will be published on the eArchiving page