This second Info Day aims to support and guide call applicants for their upcoming projects submissions as well as invite new potential stakeholders to submit project proposals with the new extended call 2 deadline of 21 March.
The session will be introduced by Franco Accordino (Head of Unit, Investment in High-Capacity Networks - Unit B5) and Eric Gaudillat (Head of Sector, DG Connect Unit B5) who will give an overview of the expectations from 5G for Smart Communities Call 2.
The Info Day will give the opportunity to participants to get an overview of the successful project applicants from Call 1, as well as useful tips for the submission for Call 2 from HaDEA.
During the Info Day, the 5G for Smart Communities Support Platform (5GSC) will be presented. The 5GSC is an EU project dedicated to supporting stakeholders of the European Commission’s funding programme, ‘Connecting Europe Facility – Digital’, under the calls for project proposals for ‘5G for Smart Communities’.
A Q&A session will follow, together with an interactive voting session to gather feedback.
Info Day - 5G for Smart Communities CEF Digital Matchmaking
Welcome and introduction to the session
Jan Dröge, Team Lead, 5G for Smart Communities Support Platform (5GSC SP)
Franco Accordino, Head of Unit, DG CNECT B.5, European Commission
Expectations from 5G for Smart Communities Call 2
Eric Gaudillat, Head of Sector, DG CNECT B.5, European Commission
Call 1 success stories
Chrysoula Lentzou, Caroline Bijnens, Project Adviser, European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA)
Useful tips to applicants for Call 2
Chrysoula Lentzou, Project Adviser, European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA)
Presentation of the 5GSC SP
Frederic Pujol, Project Manager, 5GSC Support Platform
Moderation: 5GSC Support Platform & DG CNECT
5GSC Support Facility & DG CNECT
The session is open to:
- Telecommunication and technology companies
- Socio-economic drivers proposing 5G use cases (particularly in the areas of health, education, mobility, security, rural development, agriculture and government
- European associations and networks relating to the above use case areas as well as to 5G telecommunications and technology
- Academia and research institutions
- European Broadband Competence Offices
Please register by email.
Please note that this event will be recorded and streamed for information-sharing purposes of the European Commission. To understand more about your participation in the 5G for Smart Communities – CEF Digital call matchmaking, please read our Privacy Statement.
The European Commission encourages attendance by local authorities who could be interested in the future CEF Digital calls, as well as any other relevant stakeholders.
Find out more
- Questions about this call or the CEF Digital programme? Contact the European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA): HADEA-CEF-DIGITAL-CALLS@ec.europa.eu.
- CEF Digital – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- About 5G for Smart Communities
- CEF Digital – National Contact Points
- CEF Digital – Calls for proposals
- Connecting Europe Facility – Work programme
- Connecting Europe Facility – CEF Digital
- Connecting Europe Facility – Implementation by HaDEA
Call for proposals | 12 October 2022
The Commission has launched the second call for proposals under the Connecting Europe Facility Digital programme (CEF Digital). The 5G for Smart Communities action will contribute to the deployment of 5G-based systems that support services of general interest for citizens around the EU.