ICT 2018 is the European Commission’s flagship event on research, innovation and digitalisation. It focuses on the European Union’s strategy and programmes regarding the digital transformation of society, economy and industry.
The Innovation and Startups Forum has been a dedicated conference with workshops, innovation exhibits and marketplace. Together, we explored and debated the development and use of disruptive technologies for economic growth, human development and addressing societal challenges.
The forum showcased cutting-edge innovations from across Europe and brought together start-ups, innovators, policy makers, governments and investors for policy dialogues, workshops and collaboration.
The sessions of the forum have been entrepreneurial, practical, and delivered by policymakers, entrepreneurs, startup founders and investors with remarkable experience in their fields.
The objectives of the forum were:
- Create a space for ideas, dialogue and collaboration;
- Highlight the leading practices at EU level on innovation;
- Gain insights about blockchain and AI technologies;
- Create awareness regarding EU policies and actions on these topics;
- Highlight the most innovative EU funded projects;
- Showcase the advancements of the Startup Europe and Innovation Radar initiatives;
- Discuss innovation policies and EU innovation programmes;
- Feature highly innovative start-ups and business models;
- Analyse key success factors for the incubation and scale-up of innovations;
- Explore new models of financing for disruptive technologies.
- Bogdan Ceobanu, Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Eoghan O'Neill, Strategy Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler, Digital Innovation Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
Background reports and documents: