From March to December 2022, the European Video Games Society project will bring together a network of experts, thinkers and leaders from the academia and the gaming industry – including game developers, studios, creators, and business experts – of key sectors and influence groups in areas like game development and creation, business politics, finance, law, education, culture, science and health. The series of workshops are designed to shape a European agenda for games.
The fifth workshop will focus on the regulatory and policy framework for video games. We will zoom in the questions related to the policy and regulatory framework as an enabling factor for the European Video Games sector and analyse elements related to the business environment of video games companies. The workshop will therefore focus on discussions related to copyright, tax incentives and support schemes for the video games sector, with legal and policy experts in the field.
The event will take place on 12 July 2022 from 10.00 to 11.30 (CEST - Brussels time).
Agenda of the event:
10:00 - 10:10 - Welcome and warm-up
10:10 - 10:40 - Presentation of key policy developments
- David Verbruggen, CEO of Belgian Games on the road to the Belgian Tax shelter scheme
- Felix Falk, Managing Director of Game.de on the German Strategy to support the video games industry.
10:40 - 11:10 - Panel discussion: policies and regulations for a thriving European video games sector
- Ann Becker, Director at ISFE
- Jari Pekka-Kaleva, CEO at EGDF
- Gaetano Dimita, Senior Lecturer in International Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London)
11:10 - 11:25 - Q&A and discussion with the audience
11:25 - 11:30 - Closing remarks
How to participate?
Please note that this event is by invite only: