Building on the results of the first edition of the Pilot Project, the objective of this action is to boost and increase the visibility of the activities of media self-regulation bodies.
In order to protect media freedom and pluralism and to promote professionalism in journalistic content, the Pilot Project will seek to further support the transition of media self-regulatory bodies to the online world.
It will also help them engage in discussions with internet intermediaries and other internet media stakeholders.
Through exchanges of best practices, the project will help bringing clarity on how to achieve, in a converged media environment, the goals of media self-regulation.
The following core actions to be carried out by the beneficiary are described in detail in the Call for Proposals document:
- a) Maintenance and development of the database on media self-regulatory bodies
- b) Exchange of best practices
- c) Strengthening of the pan-EU Working Group representing media self-regulatory bodies
- d) Support to new media councils
- e) Global dialogue
- Total budget available: 350.000 EUR (three hundred fifty thousand euros).
- Maximum co-financing rate: 90% of eligible costs
- Duration of the action: 1 year
- Questions related to this call should be sent at the latest on 11 September 2020 to CNECT-I1-CALLS@ec.europa.eu
-Call reference: Connect/2019/4085423
All questions received and replies will be published, anonymously, on this page (more information on your personal data).