The IMPACT EdTech project has launched its first open call for disruptive Education Technology (EdTech) solutions supporting inclusive education, personalised learning and skills development.
The first call of IMPACT EdTech will be open between 6 April 2020, 10:00 CEST and 30 June 2020, 13:00 CEST. Up to 21 selected companies will enter the first 9-months incubation-acceleration cycle of IMPACT EdTech (“first call”).
IMPACT EdTech is looking for start-ups/SMEs to address one or more of the following challenges faced by the educational systems, that can be tackled by digital technology:
- Inclusive education, targeting specific underserved or vulnerable groups (socially disadvantaged persons, immigrants or minority groups, special educational needs students or other groups), address early school leavers or support the improvement of educational attainment for all.
- Personalised learning, (based e.g. on Artificial Intelligence (AI), learning analytics, and other technologies) with a focus on supporting new, research-based pedagogical approaches for in-classroom education and encouraging life-long learning.
- Skills development of children, teachers and other types of learners with a focus on, but not limited to, the development of STEM, Computational Thinking and 21st century skills such as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, communication.
Within these challenges, two types of solutions will be addressed:
(A) School EdTech solutions
(B) EdTech solutions for any age group and/or level of education
Below there are a number of examples of technologies and applications that IMPACT EdTech can support, regardless of the strand, but it is not exhaustive:
- AI and data analytics powered solutions.
- Assistive educational technology for special needs education.
- New assessment models tools.
- Next generation Virtual/Exploratory Learning Environments and e-Portfolio software.
- Blockchain technology-based solutions, such as blockchain-certified courses, the use of blockchains that support lifelong learning passports, educational copyright applications, validating credentials etc.
- Hardware-based devices for all types of learners and systems for affective computing for use with students with disabilities, cognitive impairments or other special educational needs.
- Gamification. Game-based learning applications and other solutions.
- Solutions aimed at tackling privacy and data protection in the use of digital learning tools.
- Virtual or Augmented Reality (VR/AR) powered solutions to enrich learning experiences and innovate learning content generation.
Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: €195 300
Submission & evaluation process: Detailed information about the 1st IMPACT EdTech Open Call submission and evaluation process can be found on the IMPACT EdTech website