This Call for Proposals implements the second EP Pilot Project "A European public sphere: a new online media offer for young Europeans". A similar call was published in 2020, for projects starting in 2021.
Objectives of the Pilot Project
Increased availability of online information, in different languages, around European topics that affect young people across the EU, presented in engaging formats and through multiple viewpoints. Engaging discussions and youth events.
- Collaboration between at least 5 media organisations from 5 EU Member States;
- Creation of daily, thought-provoking content around current affairs, through innovative cross-border editorial processes;
- An outreach plan, to reach as many young Europeans as possible;
- Distribution via own channels, partner websites, blogs and/or social media networks;
- Engaging discussions and youth events.
The total available budget is EUR 2 million.
The maximum rate of co-financing is 70% of eligible costs. Applicants may propose a lower co-funding rate.
The Commission expects to fund 2 proposals. The maximum grant is set at EUR 1,2 million.
Deadline for applications: 21 October 2021 24h CET
Suggested start date: March 2022
Suggested duration 12 to 15 months
Questions & Answers
Questions should be sent to CNECT-YOUTH-MEDIA@EC.EUROPA.EU
All questions and answers will be published, anonymously, on this page.