This preparatory action has the objective to establish a framework for continuous collaboration and networking between Digital Innovation Hubs, and provide evidence and support for the preparation of relevant policy. This should include concerted effort in relation to:
- hub business models;
- common systems, methods and tools;
- collaboration and governance structures (including financial and legal aspects of the collaboration).
The action should contribute to the development of a European Digital Innovation Hubs network. Special focus should be on digital innovation hubs in artificial intelligence and robotics.
The initiative is in line with the activities carried out by the European Commission to strengthen industry's competitiveness in Europe by supporting its digital transformation. In particular it will contribute to the efforts to support the collaboration between a network of Digital Innovation Hubs in Europe, where companies, especially SMEs, can have access to expertise, development and testing facilities of digital technologies, as well as finance and innovation services.
- For further information, of the services to be purchased, please refer to the tender specifications available on TED.
- Background information: Communication on Digitising European Industry - Reaping the full benefits of a Digital Single Market.
- Preparatory Action - Digital Transformation of European Industry Preparatory Action - Digital Transformation of European Industry.