The forthcoming €10M funding will be allocated to projects to accelerate web entrepreneurship in Europe by using new cross-border services co-developed by several local web entrepreneurship ecosystems and hubs working together. Coordination activities to strength the environment for web entrepreneurship in Europe and that exploit synergies across stakeholder communities will also be funded.
Deadline for applying: 23/04/2014 at 17:00pm (CET)
The expected impact is to support the emergence of dynamic European ecosystems for web entrepreneurs that also contribute to shaping future web entrepreneurship specific policies, in particular for the implementation of Startup Europe EU initiative
For full details of the text of the call (Link)
Frequently asked question (FAQ)
- 31 January 2014, Brussel's Information Day on Horizon 2020 Future Internet
- 20 February 2014, Second Web Entrepreneurship's Community Building Webinar
- 13 March 2014, Third ICT13 Questions and Answers Webinar
Policy Background Documents
Other Relevant Background Documents
- Ideas about possible relevant activities to be considered by the proposers. Consultation on Horizon 2020 innovation by Liam Boogar (March 2013)
- Mapping of the European Activities Specific to Web Entrepreneurs for the proposers to get a detailed state of the art of the situation in the EU, made by Martin Bryant (November 2012)
- For more ideas to consider by the proposers, read the Digital Agenda Assembly Workshop on Tech entrepreneurs (June 2013): the path to success (in collaboration with NDRC) within IE Presidency (report)
- For further ideas to consider by the proposers, read the strategy for the Web Entrepreneurs by using Crowd Sourcing Tools (OpenIdeo)
- Finally, look the reports (two of them prepared using Innocentive crowdsourcing platforms) prepared by the Study on the App Economy in Europe
- The proposals are welcome to propose the execution of one or several of the actions included in the Startup manifesto prepared by the Startup Europe Leaders Club
For further information on Startup Europe.
Pre-Proposal Check Form
There is a preproposal check service that the Commission offers. If you want to take advantage of this services, you need to fill in the enclosed form and send it to us.
Pre-Proposal Check Form Link.
Deadline for submitting pre-proposals is 23 March 2014.
Examples of ideas that can be used:
-TED positive – sharing failure: a conference or series of talks regarding embracing the culture of failure, removing the negative stigma that it implies. Sharing of lessons learned, experiences, mentoring, etc.
-The European Centers for Entrepreneurship Network: better connecting existing centers at EU universities.
-Smart website matching entrepreneurs, experts and investors.
-StartBarter, a bartering currency for people to barter their skills, services, products in exchange for others.
-Coalition of the Established: A portal for large corporations to post their digital development requirements/ ideas for development.
-Connect EU with Silicon Valley.
-Provide entrepreneurs with access to hard-to-access events.
-Online platform for connecting entrepreneurs with developers.
-Award ceremony for female entrepreneurs.