As part of the ongoing consultation on the upcoming implementation of the "Chips for Europe" Initiative, as foreseen within Pillar 1 of the proposed Chips Act, we organised a virtual workshop on Thursday 29th September 2022. We presented the Commission’s ideas on future pilot lines and a design platform, key components of the Commission’s strategy to strengthen the semiconductor ecosystem in Europe and accelerate the process from the lab to the fab.
The day was divided in a morning session on the design platform and its implementation and an afternoon session on pilot lines and their implementation.
Please find below the presentations from the event:
- Welcome by Colette Maloney (HoU CNECT A3)
- Design platform:
- Marco Ceccarelli (CNECT A3)
- Romano Hoofman (imec)
- Jean-Marc Talbot (Siemens)
- Alec Vogt (Synopsys)
- Thierry Dumaure (Cadence)
- Neil Parris (ARM)
- Patrick Pype (NXP)
- Thorsten Edelhäußer (Fraunhofer)
- Philippe Notton (SiPearl)
- Pilot lines:
- Francisco Ibañez (CNECT A3)
- Jo de Boeck (imec), Carlo Reita (CEA-Leti), Patrick Bressler (Fraunhofer)
- Dominique Thomas (STMicroelectronics)
- Christophe Wyon (CEA-Leti)
- Wolfgang Dettmann (Infineon)
- Peter O’Brien (Tyndall)
- Markku Räsänen (IQM)
- Fredrik Tillman (Ericsson)
More presentations and a workshop report will be published soon!!