The Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana (DCHE) provides a forum for cooperation between Member States' bodies and the European Commission in the area of digitisation of and access to cultural material and digital preservation, and gives guidance on Europeana’s annual work programmes under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF). The Group also provides advice on specific policy issues where such advice is important for the development of Union policies or legislation (Commission Decision of 7/3/2017 setting up the Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana).
Minutes of the Meeting
The Minutes of the Meeting of 28 October 2020 are now available in pdf.
Agenda and presentations
Welcome and introduction (Rehana Schwinninger-Ladak, Head of Unit )
Updates from the Commission on policy, coordination and funding initiatives
- Update by DG CNECT (Paula Boteanu, Fulgencio Sanmartin, Katerina Moutogianni, Unit G.2 Interactive Technologies, Digital for Culture and Education)
- Update by DG EAC (Anne Grady, Unit D.1 Cultural Policy)
Updates by MS and UNESCO
- Update from current Presidency of the Council of the EU (Wolfgang Krauth, DE representative)
- Plans of incoming Presidency of the Council of the EU (Margarida Lopes, PT representative)
- UNESCO proposal for a new Mid-Term Strategy 2022-2029 (Louise Haxthausen, UNESCO representative to the EU)