This expert group provides a forum for cooperation between Member States' bodies and the European Commission in the area of digitisation, online accessibility of cultural material and digital preservation and give guidance on Europeana’s annual work programmes under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
Moreover, the Group provides high quality advice on specific policy issues where such advice is important for the development of Union policies or legislation (Commission Decision of 7/3/2017 setting up the Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana).
The second meeting took place in Luxembourg on 13-14 November 2017.
Presentations of participants:
1. Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana (DCHE) - Recap on mandate and tasks, Krzysztof Nichczynski , European Commission DG CNECT G.2
2. Status of national progress reports for 2015-2017 & the Recommendation on digital heritage, Anisia Avram, European Commission DG CNECT G2
3. Independent Evaluation of Europeana, Katerina Moutogianni, European Commission DG CNECT G.2
4. Europeana DSI, Christian Nyhus Andreasen, European Commission DG CNECT G2
5. European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018: Activities at European level, Anne Grady, European Commission DG EAC/D1
6. Update from Estonian Presidency, Mirjam Rääbis, EE delegate
7. Update on plans of Bulgarian Presidency, Axenia Boneva, BG delegate
8. Best practice: Digitisation and digital archiving of audiovisual heritage, Debbie Esmans, Flemish Institute of Archiving
9. Latest developments from H2020 ViMM project and in Cyprus, Marinos Ioannidis, Digital Heritage Research Lab
Cyprus University of Technology
10. Update on the H2020 SC6 programme, Albert Gauthier, European Commission DG CNECT G.2
11. Evaluation and review of the PSI directive, Szymon Lewandowski, European Commission DG CNECT G1
12. Europeana DSI - Updates from the operator, Jill Cousins and Shadi Ardalan, Europeana Foundation
13. Copyright in the Digital Single Market & Cultural Heritage Institutions, Paul Keller, Kennisland
14. Thematic session/workshop - Future Governance of the Europeana DSI, moderated by Christian Nyhus Andreasen, European Commission DG CNECT G2