This expert group provides a forum for cooperation between Member States' bodies and the European Commission in the area of digitisation, online accessibility of cultural material and digital preservation and gives guidance on Europeana’s annual work programmes under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
Moreover, the Group provides advice on specific policy issues where such advice is important for the development of Union policies or legislation (Commission Decision of 7/3/2017 setting up the Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana).
The third meeting took place in Luxembourg on 17-18 April 2018.
Presentations of participants:
1. Updates from the upcoming European Council Presidency, Heidemarie Meissnitzer (AT Delegate)
2. Update on Europeana, UNESCO Chair on Digital Heritage, EuroMed2018 conference – Marinos Ioannides (CY Delegate)
3. Updates on the European Year of Cultural Heritage, Adelina Dinu (DG CNECT)
4. Our Heritage: Where the Past meets the Future, Lorena Aldana (DG EAC)
5. From grant to tender funding structure - Federico Milani (DG CNECT)
6. New Europeana DSI Governance and working method, Christian Nyhus Andreasen, European Commission (DG CNECT)
7. Status of the Independent Evaluation of Europeana - Katerina Moutogianni (DG CNECT)
8. Recommendation on Digitisation, online accessibility and digital preservation and the national progress reports for 2015-2017 - Anisia Avram (European Commission DG CNECT)
9. Recommendation: best practices and challenges: Swedish National Archives - TORA project, Dr. Olof Karsvall
10. Updates from the Europeana operator - Harry Verwayen, Executive Director, Europeana Foundation