Moreover, the Group provides advice on specific policy issues where such advice is important for the development of Union policies or legislation (Commission Decision of 7/3/2017 setting up the Expert Group on Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana).
The third meeting took place in Luxembourg on 17-18 April 2018.
Presentations of participants:
1. Updates from the upcoming European Council Presidency, Heidemarie Meissnitzer (AT Delegate)
2. Update on Europeana, UNESCO Chair on Digital Heritage, EuroMed2018 conference – Marinos Ioannides (CY Delegate)
3. Updates on the European Year of Cultural Heritage, Adelina Dinu (DG CNECT)
4.Our Heritage: Where the Past meets the Future, Lorena Aldana (DG EAC)
5. From grant to tender funding structure - Federico Milani (DG CNECT)
6. New Europeana DSI Governance and working method, Christian Nyhus Andreasen, European Commission (DG CNECT)
7. Status of the Independent Evaluation of Europeana - Katerina Moutogianni (DG CNECT)
8. Recommendation on Digitisation, online accessibility and digital preservation and the national progress reports for 2015-2017- Anisia Avram (European Commission DG CNECT)
9. Recommendation: best practices and challenges: Swedish National Archives - TORA project, Dr. Olof Karsvall
10. Updates from the Europeana operator - Harry Verwayen, Executive Director, Europeana Foundation