The Strategic Advisory Group (SAB) on the Destination Earth initiative will provide the European Commission with technical and scientific advice for the implantation and further development of the initiative.
The SAB will serve in the specific context of the Destination Earth initiative and in one or more of the following fields:
- design and implementation of large scale, data and compute intensive federated systems, in particular federated architecture design, High Performance Computing (HPC) and cloud infrastructures operations and management, AI, data governance and stewardship;
- modelling and knowledge generation, in particular in earth system sciences, vulnerability and risk assessment, data analytics and simulation for the development of digital twins and related services; The SAB shall provide technical and scientific advice for the implementation and further development of the Destination Earth initiative.
In particular, the SAB’s specific tasks shall be:
- to assist the DG CNECT in assessing the progress of implementation of the Destination Earth initiative;
- to provide advice and expertise to DG CNECT regarding the direction and further development of the initiative;
- to link with existing scientific and technological initiatives and advise on the state of the art in the relevant fields;
- to foster exchanges of experience and highlight good practices in the fields critical to the implementation of the initiative, as specified above in points a. and b.
Furthermore, DG CNECT may consult the SAB on any matter relating to the implementation or further development of the Destination Earth initiative. DG CNECT will take the following criteria into account when assessing applications:
- proven and relevant competence and experience, including at European and / or international level, in areas specified above of this call;
- absence of circumstances that could give rise to a conflict of interest;
- good knowledge of the English language allowing active participation in the discussions.
The individuals interested are invited to access the dedicated page for more detailed information.
The duly signed applications must be sent by 2nd August 2021 (the deadline has been extended) at the latest by:
- e-mail to the following e-mail address: CNECT-DESTINE@ec.europa.eu, the date of the e-mail will be the date of sending
- post to the following address: European Commission, DG CNECT Unit C1 secretariat – Rue Robert Stumpfer, EUFO 01/153, L-2920 Luxembourg, the postmark will be considered the date of sending or
- hand-delivered to the following address: European Commission, DG CNECT, Unit C1 secretariat – Rue Robert Stumpfer, EUFO 01/153, L-2920 Luxembourg, the date on the receipt given upon delivery will be considered the date of sending
The SAB members shall be registered in the Register of Commission Expert Group.
Questions related to this call should be sent to CNECT-DESTINE@ec.europa.eu