From 24 June to 05 July 2019, the 4th edition of the CONNECT University Summer School took place with cybersecurity as overarching topic. It was a top-class learning opportunity, allowing participants to get cutting-edge insights on the technical, policy, economical, and societal aspects of cybersecurity and digital privacy. More than 35 high level cybersecurity experts shared with you their knowledge and innovative ideas and discussed upcoming cybersecurity challenges for Europe. You can watch again most of the sessions.
The shift to a highly connected and digitised world brings not only new opportunities, but also new cybersecurity challenges. Today the cyber threat landscape is constantly changing and evolving. In order to secure our digital economy and society we all need to advance our cybersecurity competencies and adopt a lifelong learning approach. Especially, policy makers and technology players need to be well informed about cybersecurity.
In this vein, the CONNECT University Summer School 2019 was dedicated to cybersecurity. Together with our European Commission cybersecurity and digital privacy experts we tailored a programme which targeted not only people who seek to advance their knowledge in cybersecurity, but also the ones who are not familiar with the topic and aim to broaden their horizon by learning more about a completely new field of interest. Through our programme we tried to inform you about the latest news, trends and challenges around cybersecurity and digital privacy.
Day I: 24.06.2019
- Introductory session: Rethinking cybersecurity in the digital transformation age (09:30-11:30 CEST, watch it again)
Day II: 25.06.2019
Day III: 26.06.2019
- Session 2: Digital privacy in a data-driven world (10:00-12:45 CEST, watch it again)
- Session 3: Protecting our digital identity and privacy in a hyper-connected world (14:00-16:00 CEST, watch it again)
Day IV: 27.06.2019
- Session 4: Strengthening the EU's cyber defence and resilience (10:30-12:30 CEST, watch it again)
- Cybersecurity demonstration by Computer Security Incident Response Teams - CSIRTs (14:00-17:15 CEST)
Day V: 28.06.2018
- Session 5: Cybersecurity risks in a technology-driven world (10:30-12:30 CEST, watch it again)
- Cyber Aware special session: Demo of a hacking (13:00-14:30 CEST)
Day VI: 01.07.2019
- Session 6: The European paradigm for a safer digital world (10:30-12:30 CEST, watch it again)
- Session 7: Attracting and retaining more women in cybersecurity (14:00-16:00 CEST, watch it again)
Day VII: 02.07.2019
Day VIII: 04.07.2019
- Session 09: Cybersecurity in health, banking, transport and insurance (10:30-12:30 CEST, watch it again)
Day IX: 05.07.2019
- Session 10: Cybersecurity and digital privacy challenges of the future (10:30-12:30 CEST, watch it again)
The participation in the CONNECT University Summer School 2019 is open to all staff working at EU Institutions and Bodies. External stakeholders and citizens may attend by invitation only (the number of available places for non-EU staff are very limited). Most of the sessions will be webstreamed live and recorded and any one can follow them online.
The CONNECT Univesity Summer School is the annual flagship activity of the so called CONNECT University. The CONNECT University is an initiative of the European Commission’s Directorate General on Communication Networks, Content and Technologies (DG CONNECT) which aims to inform about the latest digital trends and challenges which are highly linked with EU's relevant policies and serve as a platform for sharing knowledge through thematic discussions, workshops and seminars. It's main target audience is EU's Instiutions staff but very often the sessions are also open to the public via web-streaming or recorded videos.