With a total budget of over EUR 180 million in grants for 2023, the MEDIA strand of Creative Europe will continue promoting cross-border cooperation to scale up audiovisual productions and to enhance the competitiveness of European audiovisual industry at European and global levels. Funding opportunities will support the development, distribution and promotion of European works, while fostering innovation in the digital environment.
The first calls will support the development of European works including films, series, video games and immersive content, their distribution both in theatres and online platforms, and audience development. Interested organisations may find more information in the links below, and start the submission of proposals on the 20th of October.
- TV and online content to provide opportunities to independent producers to take the initiative and pursue their own original productions.
- Innovative tools and business model to improve the visibility and availability of European works and increase audiences in the digital environment.
- European slate development to incentivise production companies to build a portfolio of 3 to 5 works, thereby increasing creative options and favouring quality.
- Video Games and Immersive content development to increase the capacity of European video game producers, Extended Reality (XR) studios and audiovisual production companies to develop video games and interactive immersive experiences.
- Films on the Move to increase the circulation of European works and widen their pan-European audience by supporting theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films.
- Audience Development and Film Education to stimulate the interest of audiences, in particular young audiences, in European films and audiovisual works.
More funding opportunities will be announced in the coming months.