How and when to apply?
Download the application form and the guide for applicants. Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in the application (xlsx file) and submit via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is the 17th of September 2021, 16:00 CET.
The winners will be announced and awarded at the ceremony and invited to present their project at the Broadband Day in Autumn 2021. The winners will also be featured on the Broadband Europe pages, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
The projects will apply and will be awarded in one of the five categories:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment. The projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
- Cost reduction measures and co-investment. The category is addressed to projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in infrastructure, including cross-border/multi country projects.
- Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas. The category is for projects that have direct and indirect socio-economic impacts and substantially improved connections to and in the remote and rural areas
- Demand generation and take-up of connectivity. The projects that implemented measures stimulating the demand side and increasing the take-up of a wide range of fixed and/or wireless/mobile, including 5G, services and applications will apply in this category.
- Quality and affordability of services. The category is addressed to projects focusing on providing high quality and affordable services for end-users.
Further information & support
European Broadband Awards help desk
E-mail, Tel: +49 341 962103 19
More details are available at the European Broadband Awards page. The Broadband Europe Awards are managed by the European Commission (DG Connect).