Horizon Europe offers the following funding opportunities for consortia of procurers:
- To prepare and undertake together PCP or PPI procurements (see the calls for PCP actions or PPI actions).
- To cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs (see the calls for CSA actions)
In addition, public procurers can also propose themselves to implement PCPs in any call for Research and Innovation (RIA) actions in the WP that does not require the participation of industry in the consortium. Public authorities that want to implement joint cross-border innovation procurement calls via their national funding programmes can also apply for support for such joint PCP/PPI calls via the HE programme cofund actions.
The funding rates are 100% respectively 50% for the PCP respectively PPI actions. In PCP actions, groups of procurers implement together one joint PCP procurement. In PPI actions, procurers can choose between implementing one joint PPI procurement or several separate but coordinated PPI procurements. The funding rates for PCPs implemented as part of an RIA action is also 100%, as in PCP actions. The funding rate of programme cofund actions can depend on the call.
Thematic calls that support PCP or PPI in specific domains of public sector activity (e.g. health, security, climate change, satellite, research infrastructure).
The following slidedecks guide you through the core info about the calls for proposals:
- Introduction: "Innovation procurement: a topic of cross-cutting importance for Horizon Europe"
- Overview of all the calls in support of PCP and PPI in 2023-2024
- Funding conditions of the Horizon Europe funding instruments in support of PCP and PPI. More detailed info in the general annexes of the Work Program here.
- How to find partners? How to prepare a proposal? How will the evaluation take place? (Check out also the updated list of ongoing and completed EU funded PCP and PPI projects)
On 22 June 2021 (14h00-16h00) the European Commission organised a webinar 'How to prepare a successful innovation procurement proposal for Horizon Europe'that presented the above slide decks. Presentations, video recording, Q&A and agenda are available on the webinar page.