See the current stage and meetings of the stakeholder dialogue.
Invitation to representative organisations to express their interest to participate in the stakeholder dialogue under Article 17 of the Copyright directive
The Commission would like to invite relevant representative organisations of stakeholders, in particular EU level representatives of rightholders, of online content-sharing service providers and of consumers, users and fundamental rights organisations to express their interest to participate in the stakeholder dialogue by filling out the dedicated online application form, at the latest by 18 September 2019.
The Commission will be able to invite up to 80 individual representatives of stakeholder organisations to the dialogue meetings. The number of seats per organisation may vary depending on their composition and representativeness. Representatives of EU Member States will also attend the dialogue. The Commission will select representative organisations taking into account, as a priority the following criteria:
- Organisations represent the interests of rightholders, online content-sharing service providers or users, including consumer and fundamental rights organisations, related to the application of Article 17;
- Organisations have a legitimate interest in discussing the best practices for cooperation between online content-sharing service providers and rightholders in the context of Article 17 because they are directly impacted by that cooperation;
- Organisations have some practical experience related to the matters regulated by Article 17;
- Representative organisations operate at European level.
To this end, when filling out the dedicated online form, interested organisations are required to provide:
- Their registration number in the EU Transparency register, where applicable;
- Background information on their organisation, such as a short explanation of whose interests the organisation is representing, including information regarding their membership and where applicable, representativeness of the interests of a given sector,
- A short explanation on how Article 17 will impact the activities/interests of the represented stakeholder group, and
- Information on the pertinence of their experience and the ways they could contribute to the stakeholder dialogue, mentioning where possible, some specific practical examples relating to their experience and current activities in the field.
The Commission will make the final selection of the participants to the dialogue. The selection will ensure that all relevant stakeholders impacted by Article 17 are appropriately represented. Besides the regular participants, some further stakeholders may be invited on an ad hoc basis to share their expertise or participate in the discussions on specific issues. Beyond the dialogue meetings, the Commission will remain available for discussions and written submissions by all stakeholders to ensure that all relevant stakeholders can express their views.
As a rule, the Commission will not cover any costs for participants.