The scheme was originally approved by the European Commission in 2019, to help close the digital divide. 75% of its total €400 million budget was approved to come from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Ms Galindo notes, however, that Next Generation EU, the EU’s new funding package devoted to recovery and resilience and including a significant emphasis on digitalisation, has brought new possibilities for consideration.
Find out more
- Spain’s national Broadband Competence Office (BCO)
- Video interview series on broadband and digital projects in the EU
- Information on EU funding for broadband
- Information on technical assistance for broadband
- The status of connectivity in your area: the European Broadband Mapping Portal