The Governing Board
The Governing Board is composed of representatives of the public and private members. It is responsible for the Joint Undertaking’s decision-making, including the preparation of the work programmes and funding decisions related to the research and innovation activities under Horizon Europe.
The Governing Board also provides strategic guidance and contributes to the work programmes of other EU programmes that are implementing activities in the area of smart networks and services, such as CEF 2 Digital, DEP and InvestEU. It adopts the SDAs for pan-European 5G corridors for connected and automated mobility.
Names of Board Members
Representatives from 6GIA
- Colin Willcock – Nokia (Chair of the SNS Governing Board)
- Damir Filipovic – AIOTI
- David Kennedy – Eurescom
- Toon Norp – TNO
- Hugo Tullberg – Ericsson
Representatives from the European Commission
- Pearse O’ Donohue (Vice Chair of the SNS Governing Board)
- Bernard Barani
The States Representatives Group (SRG)
The states representatives group provides guidance on all strategic issues as well as all relevant activities of the partnership. In particular, it provides guidance for R&I under Horizon Europe and for deployment activities under CEF2 Digital or other EU programmes. It is composed of representatives of each Member State and Associated Country.
The Executive Director
The Executive Director is the chief executive responsible for the Joint Undertaking’s day-to-day management.
The stakeholder group
The stakeholder group is open to all public and private stakeholders active in the field of the smart networks and services. It will provide inputs and feedback on the JU’s planned activities.
1st Meeting of the Governing Board - 15 December 2021
At its 1st meeting (agenda.pdf) the Board adopted the following:
- 01-2021 SNS GB Decision Rules of Procedure Final (.pdf)
- 02-2021 SNS GB Decision Financial Rules Final (.pdf)
- 12-2021 SNS GB Decision SRIA (including Annex) (.pdf)
- 13-2021 SNS GB Decision Work Programme (.pdf)
- 13-2021 SNS GB Decision Work Programme Annex I (.pdf)
- 13-2021 SNS GB Decision Work Programme Annex II (.pdf)
- 14-2021 SNS GB Decision Approving Launch of Calls (.pdf)
- 15-2021 SNS GB Decision Working Language Policy (.pdf)
Staff rules adopted by written procedure by the Governing Board
- 03-2021 SNS GB Decision Adoption by Analogy (SIR) (.pdf)
- 04-2021 SNS GB Decision Temporary Agents (SIR) (.pdf)
- 05-2021 SNS GB Decision Working Time (SIR) (.pdf)
- 06-2021 SNS GB Decision 7-year rule 1 of 2 (SIR) (.pdf)
- 07-2021 SNS GB Decision 7-year rule 2 of 2 (SIR) (.pdf)
- 08-2021 SNS GB Decision Teleworking (SIR) (.pdf)
- 09-2021 SNS GB Decision Middle Management (SIR) (.pdf)
- 10-2021 SNS GB Decision Posts and Titles (SIR) (.pdf)
- 11-2021 SNS GB Decision Contract Agents (SIR) (.pdf)