The purpose of this call for tenders (CNECT/2021/OP/0026) is to analyse Europe’s economic opportunities and to derive solid economic data, as well as future policy development in the context of the European digital, industrial and green strategies. The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To identify and measure the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges of European stakeholders and their competitiveness in a cloud continuum with strong growth at the Far Edge.
- To quantify Europe’s economic opportunities with broad and robust data, in general and in the following vertical sectors: agriculture, energy, home, mobility and manufacturing.
- To derive scenarios in said sectors, which demonstrate the ecologic and green benefits of strengthening Far Edge Computing.
- To discuss the impact of Far Edge computing in the context of the European data, industrial and green strategies.
- To identify and evaluate the potential impact of European measures at programme and policy level in order to support this opportunity for European industry.
Funded through the Commission’s new Horizon Europe programme, the maximum amount allocated to the study is EUR 300 000. The factual evidence resulting from the study is to support the European Commission in achieving its targets for the Digital Decade.
Economic operators interested in this call are invited to submit a tender via the electronic submission system (e-Submission) available from the TED e-Tendering website. Requests for any additional information must be made in writing only through the TED e-Tendering website.
The closing date of the call is 3 September 2021 at 16:00 CET.