In addition to EU legislation, the Commission:
- engages with experts from EU countries in the Public Sector Information expert group (PSI Group);
- funds an Open Data incubator assisting small and medium-sized entreprises in building sustainable business ideas on the basis of Open Data;
- funded the Legal Aspects of Public Sector Information (LAPSI) — thematic network of lawyers specialising on PSI re-use, including academics and practitioners;
- commissioned studies on the following issues:
- Presence of exclusive agreements in EU countries;
- Studies on the economic potential of PSI re-use.
- developed an Open Data Portal for its own documents and a pan-European digital service infrastructure aggregating content of existing open data portals inside the EU;
- contributed to the G8 process on opening up government information, also for re-use, leading to the adoption of a G8 Open Data Charter.
PRESS RELEASE |Prvo Vijeće za trgovinu i tehnologiju EU-a i Indije usredotočilo se na produbljivanje strateškog angažmana u području trgovine i tehnologije
The European Commission's policies focus on generating value for the economy and society through the reuse of public sector information.