On 27 September in Brussels (10:30-12:30 CEST), the European Commission will award the winners of the 2022 European Broadband Awards, recognising outstanding broadband deployment projects from across the EU with the aim of highlighting and sharing good practices so that more excellent projects can bring high-speed broadband to all.
The Ceremony will bring together the competition finalists, together with high-level representatives from the European Commission, Member States’ national and regional Broadband Competence Offices, selected rural networks, telecom associations and research institutes.
Following important policy announcements and the introduction of the 2022 Jury, Directors Mario Milouchev and Rita Wezenbeek will award the prizes to the best projects in the following categories:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment
- Cost reduction measures and co-investment
- Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas
- Demand generation and take-up of connectivity
- Quality and affordability of services