In a series of 5 online workshops as part of the Living-in.eu movement, building on the findings of the report of the High-Level Expert Group on Business-to-Government (B2G) data sharing and earlier workshops, organisers wish to invite city experts and programme managers experienced with B2G data sharing and setting up data partnerships.
The purpose of this series of events is to explore opportunities for upscaling B2G data sharing. This may encompass both already existing and future use cases for data sharing. Using the approach of multi-stakeholder governance, the workshops will provide opportunities to discuss how cities and the European Commission can co-operate in achieving more data sharing. Another topic to discuss is how to combine data collection between cities, other governments and businesses in the EU both for specific use cases and across sectors.
The workshops will allow cities to:
- Exchange technical, legal, governance and capacity related experiences and approaches for data sharing and develop interoperable models for data sharing;
- Discuss between cities and the European Commission how to improve B2G data sharing with attention to both legal and technical issues;
- Launch concrete collaborations for fostering data sharing;
- Discover whether there is a need for further cooperation on the topic, in particular in the context of the various sub-groups of the Living-in.eu community.
Each workshop will last for about 90 minutes and will be organised on Wednesdays from 10:00 to 11:30 AM CET between May-July 2021:
- 1st workshop – Get started with B2G Data Sharing, 05/05/2021
- 2nd workshop - Towards green, smart and affordable mobility services in cities and communities, 19/05/2021
- 3rd workshop – Boosting smart energy in cities and communities - 09/06/2021
- 4th workshop – A private sector perspective to B2G data sharing with local governments - 23/06/2021
- 5th workshop – Conclusions and recommendations - 07/07/2021
For background information, please see here.
Draft agenda for the 5th workshop - Conclusions and recommendations - 07/07/2021
Welcome and introduction by moderator – Federica Bordelot, policy advisor, Eurocities
- Presentation of Eurocities
- Presentation of European Commission
- Discussion on next steps
You only need to register once for all workshops and you are free to join the sessions as your availability allows - the event-specific link will be sent to you prior to the workshop.