The survey follows the adoption of the Commission Recommendation on an Electronic Health Record Exchange Format in 2019.
The data was gathered in the form of a survey that took place between August and December 2020. Respondents were national representatives of the eHealth Network and expert correspondents across the study countries.
The survey covered the following topics:
- legal and regulatory context;
- organisational level and financial investments;
- security and access;
- semantic interoperability;
- technical interoperability;
- the level of actual use of interoperable EHRs;
- the use of EHR and big data for early warning and surveillance;
- digital diagnosis of COVID-19.
More on the Commission Recommendation on a European Electronic Health Record exchange format
Interoperability of Electronic Health Records Final Report