The Multistakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation (MSP) and the Digitising European Industry initiative (DEI) set up a joint Working Group in March 2018 with the aim of providing a comprehensive plan to foster standardisation in support of the digitalisation of European industry. It brings together nominated representatives of the MSP and the High-level governance meeting of the European platform of national initiatives on digitising industry, including national ministries and actions on digitising industry, European Standardisation Organisations (ESOs), Public-Private Partnerships, and relevant European associations.
In particular, the Working Group will:
- Identify, as a starting point, the standardisation needs in the manufacturing sector, which might serve as a blueprint for other domains in the future.
- Map the ongoing activities carried out by European Standardisation Organisations, Standards Developing Organisations, fora & consortia, Large Scale Pilots, Public-Private Partnesrhips, the DE/IT/FR trilateral cooperation, research projects, etc. that are relevant to the digitalisation of European industry.
- Develop a model for the synchronisation of the various standardisation activities, at the Member State level and at the European level – and in a global context.
- Propose a first roadmap taking into account national standardisation roadmaps and other existing work, and specifying concrete actions that may be included in the Rolling Plan for ICT standardisation.
The Working Group organised a first open workshop on 13 June 2018 in Brussels, which focused on the first three tasks above.
Presentations from the workshop
- Setting the scene, by Antonio Conte
- Task 1 findings: standardisation needs in the manufacturing sector, by Jochen Friedrich (leader task 1&2)
- Task 2 findings: mapping of ongoing activities, by Jochen Friedrich (leader task 1&2)
- Task 3 initial findings: activities' synchronisation model, by Stefan Weisgerber (leader task 3)
- Conclusions, by Marco Carugi (MSP/DEI WG rapporteur)
The workshop report is available, as well as the following reports: