This online information and matchmaking session is offered by the European Commission in preparation for the second callforproposals for 5G for Smart Communities,tentatively planned from mid-October 2022 to mid-February 2023, under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Digital programme. Taking place on 20 September 2022, 10:00-12:00 CEST, it aims to inform key stakeholders about this call and help potential project promoters meet partners with whom to build their consortium and apply to the call.
What is on offer?
- The European Commission will present the call, including lessons learnt from the previous call, followed by a Questions and Answers session with the participants
- Leaders in the field, including Nokia and Vodafone, will hold a panel discussion on what 5G can contribute to Smart Communities
- Participants who are already planning a project for this call are invited to register to make a 2-4-minute pitch during the event, as an opportunity to find partners for their proposal (register to pitch by Friday 9 September, 12:00 CEST)
- Matchmaking: registered participants are able to search for potential project partners and invite them to join a bilateral online meeting. Matchmaking meetings will kick off on 20 September at 12:00 CEST.
Who will be there?
Participants will include:
- Telecommunication and technology companies
- Socio-economic drivers proposing 5G use cases (particularly in the areas of health, education, mobility, security, rural development, agriculture and government
- European associations and networks relating to the above use case areas as well as to 5G telecommunications and technology
- Academia and research institutions
- Representatives of the European institutions and agencies
- European Broadband Competence Offices
How to get started?
To participate in this event, please register and set up your matchmaking profile.
Registered participants are able to explore and book meetingswith potential partners.
Please note that the plenary session will be recorded. The matchmaking meetings will be confidential.
Find out more
- Call for proposals (Please note: the second call is not published yet but the first call for proposals is still online for information purposes and implements the same work programme).
- Questions about this call or the CEF Digital programme? Contact the European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA): HADEA-CEF-DIGITAL-CALLS@ec.europa.eu.
- CEF Digital – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- About 5G for Smart Communities
- CEF Digital – National Contact Points
- CEF Digital – Calls for proposals
- Connecting Europe Facility – Work programme
- Connecting Europe Facility – CEF Digital
- Connecting Europe Facility – Implementation by HaDEA