There will be three big block-themes of events:
About the new Creative Europe MEDIA programme
DG CNECT and EACEA organise online info sessions targeting potential applicants to address the new funding opportunities of the new programme.
Encouraging collaboration and innovation in the creation and production of high quality European audiovisual works / presentation of the calls for proposals.
Promoting business innovation, competitiveness, scalability and talents in the European audiovisual sector / presentation of the calls for proposals.
Strengthening the accessibility and visibility of European audiovisual works by their potential audiences through all distribution channels and platforms / presentation of the calls for proposals.
About Diversity & Inclusion
The European Commission, and in particular the unit in charge of support to the audiovisual industry, is launching ‘CharactHer’, an awareness campaign advocating for diversity and inclusion in the film and news media sectors.
About Innovation and Access to Finance
In cooperation with the Marché du Film NEXT, the European Commission will take part in several events addressing topics such as innovation, virtual production and access to finance.
- Wednesday, 7 July from 14h30 to 15h30
Virtual Production: Why, for who, and what's at stake for Filmmakers and Financers?
- Introduction by Creative Europe MEDIA: Lucia Recalde
- Claus Ladegaard, CEO of The Danish Film Institute (DFI)
- Laura Olin, COO & Partner, ZOAN AR
- Jehanne Rousseau, CEO of Spiders Inc
- Modérateur : Sten-Kristian Saluveer, Strategic Advisor, Cannes Next
- Saturday 10 July, from 14h00 to 17h00
What creatives and filmmakers can do with data? Exploring the future of data-driven storytelling
- Ben Johnson, Gruvi
- Nathalie Lethbridge, Atomik Digital
- Jon Morris, Nowhere data and artist-driven collaboration platform, experience designer, Lady Gaga, Cirque Du Soleil, the Burning Man
- Kathrin Steinbichler - The Looping Group
- Sunday 11 July from 10h00 to 11h30
Powering Future Leadership in Europe through Film, Innovation and Technology Panel
- Nicolas Brien, President, European Startup Network, CEO France Digitale
- Nusrat Durrani, Media Executive, MTV Networks
- Maria Tanjala, CEO & Co Founder, Filmchain
- Lysann Windisch, Head of Programme / Marketing Manager MUBI Germany, DFFB - Deutsche Film und Frensehen Akademie Berlin
- Modérateur: AC Coppens, CEO, The Creatives' Catalysts
- Monday, 12 July from 10 to 11
Where's the Money? New Currents in (European) Financing: NFTs, Venture Capital and MEDIA Invest Panel
- Rain Rannu, Superangel Ventures, Tallinnfornia Productions – innovating film financing models for indies and small production countries through venture capital
- Uri Levanon, Haste Media - a crash course into the business and future of NFTs for European Festival and Independent Film
- Presentation of the MEDIA Invest Financing Scheme
12.00 Presentation of the Creative Industries KIC by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology
All the events will be accesible for accredited participants at the page of Marché du Film.