The Group’s mandate is to:
- ensure good coordination and cooperation between the Commission and Member States on the implementation of the 1+MG Declaration;
- build consensus and commitment among the signatory countries as regards the formulation and implementation of strategic choices/orientations related to the priorities and actions outlined in the 1+MG Declaration;
- endorse/give feedback on the outcomes and outputs of the work in the operational/expert layer (1+MG working groups);
- formulate strategic steer to the operational/expert layer working on the detailed aspects of the implementation of the 1+MG Declaration;
- occasionally, advise the Commission on policies, legislative proposals and other instruments or regulatory frameworks related to genomic data.
- The European Commission co-chairs the meetings of the 1+MG Group together with a representative of the signatory countries elected in the first meeting. DG CNECT provides the secretariat of the Group.
The group meets up to four times per year.
The European Commission is making available meeting agendas and minutes.
Signatory countries of the 1+MG Declaration were invited to nominate up to 2 members per country from among national authorities or other public entities responsible for health policy and research. EU and EEA countries that have not signed the Declaration may nominate observers to the Group.