The deadline for the 2020-1 Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom call for proposals is now extended until 25 June to give more time for applicants to prepare their proposals. Co-funding to stimulate and support the deployment of European Digital Service Infrastructures (DSIs) is offered in the areas of Automated Translation, Blockchain, eDelivery, eIdentification & eSignature, European Platform for Digital Skills and Jobs, Europeana and Safer Internet. Up to €31.4 million is available to create full cross-border digital infrastructure, in areas of public interest.
2020-1 CEF Telecom call for proposals
Interested applicants from all EU Member States, as well as Iceland and Norway, may submit their proposals until 25 June 2020 in the following areas:
- Automated Translation - providing solutions to make European digital services multilingual – €4 million;
- Blockchain – making it possible to deliver EU-wide cross-border services using blockchain technology - €3 million;
- eDelivery – enabling public administrations and private entities to exchange electronic data and documents with other public administrations, business and citizens, in a secure, reliable and trusted way - €0.9 million;
- eIdentification & eSignature - addressing the cross-border authentication of eIDs and the uptake and use of electronic signatures - €3 million;
- European Platform for Digital Skills and Jobs – to design and implement specialised Master programmes in Artificial Intelligence - €6.5 million;
- Europeana - €3 million to increase awareness and usage of the European cultural heritage platform;
- Safer Internet – empowering and protecting children and young people online - €11 million.
CEF Telecom funding supports projects of common interest that improve the daily life of citizens, businesses and public administrations and contribute to the development of a Digital Single Market by deploying European digital infrastructures across the EU. In 2020, CEF Telecom will provide over €67 million in funding through grants for European Digital Service Infrastructures.
To receive co-funding under the calls, actions must demonstrate sufficient maturity and contribute to EU Digital Single Market policies. The funding will be allocated to those eligible proposals which best meet the award criteria as specified in the 2019-2020 CEF Telecom Work Programme and in the relevant call texts. A Virtual Info Day on the 2020-1 CEF Telecom call and application process took place on Wednesday 11 March 2020.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit their proposal through the dedicated proposal submission system, accessible from the individual call webpages on the 2020 CEF Telecom Calls web page. All call documents and additional background information are also available on the individual call webpages. Please remember that the deadline for 2020-1 call is 25 June 2020 at 17:00.00 Brussels time.
The Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) manages the call for proposals and follows up the technical and financial implementation of the projects with the beneficiaries, providing technical expertise and high quality programme implementation. Follow INEA on Twitter @inea_eu & LinkedIn to stay informed about the latest call developments. A helpdesk is also available to answer your questions on the call for proposals.
About Digital Service Infrastructures (DSIs)
CEF Telecom funding supports projects of common interest for the deployment of Digital Service Infrastructures (DSIs) across the EU. These are based on mature technical and organisational solutions to support exchanges and collaboration between citizens, businesses and public authorities. The vision is to create European networks of digital services that will make the Digital Single Market work in practice.
CEF supports basic and re-usable digital services, known as building blocks, as well as more complex digital services. The building blocks can be combined with each other and integrated with the more complex services.
The list of digital services supported by CEF is available in the Annex of the Telecom Regulation.