The EU-US Trade and Technology Council focuses on addressing global trade and technology challenges in line with a shared commitment to democracy, freedom and human rights.
The purpose of the TTC is to enhance trade and investment, strengthen technological and industrial leadership, boost innovation, promote emerging technologies and infrastructure, and encourage compatible standards and regulations based on shared democratic values.
Priorities of the TTC include promoting technology standards, trustworthy artificial intelligence, an open, reliable and secure Internet and combatting disinformation, foreign information manipulation and interference.
The work of the TTC is carried forward via ten working groups. The working groups translate political decisions into specific deliverables, coordinate technical work and report to the political level.
The ten working groups comprise:
- Technology Standards
- Climate and Clean Tech
- Secure Supply Chains
- ICTS Security and Competitiveness
- Data Governance and Technology Platforms
- Misuse of Technology Threatening Security & Human Rights
- Cooperation on Export Controls of Dual Use Items
- Investment Screening Cooperation
- Promoting SME Access To and Use of Digital Technologies
- Global Trade Challenges
- By end 2022next meeting of the EU-US Trade and Technology Council in the United States
- September 2022