The workshop is open to all interested public and private stakeholders in radio spectrum, including inter alia, telecom operators, national authorities in charge of telecom and spectrum policy and regulation, as well as sector representatives.
The study is commissioned by the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology (DG CNECT) with the consortium of LS Telcom AG and its subcontractors Policy Tracker Publishing Ltd and VVA Brussels Sprl and should provide input into the discussions and the process of Peer Reviews in the RSPG, to inform Member States and the Commission about what went well and what could be improved through specific action at national level or better coordination the at EU level.
The feedback collected during the workshop will be helpful to validate and strengthen the analysis and conclusions and to validate the results.
The sessions will concentrate on topics such as:
- the main characteristics of spectrum awards in the EU Member States;
- factors affecting 4G/5G deployment;
- comparison of best practices identified in the EU Connectivity Toolbox;
- spectrum authorisation regimes in place to promote wireless connectivity investment;
- fragmentation of spectrum assignments and licensing conditions in the EU;
- comparative elements with non-EU markets.
For more information the agenda is now available.
The outcome of the workshop is now available.