The main purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the European strategy for a better Internet for kids (BIK+) consultation process and a summary of its main outcomes and conclusions.
As such, it will consider:
- Feedback submitted in response to the publication of the Roadmap of the initiative.
- Results from the #DigitalDecade4YOUth consultation with European children, young people, teachers and educators.
- Results from an online survey consultation among European citizens on benefits and challenges in the digital world.
- Results from the international annual conference “Safer Internet Forum” in October 2021.
- Results from targeted consultation workshops with industry (Alliance to better protect minors online), Member States (Expert Group on Safer Internet for Children), researchers and relevant international organisations.
EC BIK Strategy consultation summary May 2022 (.pdf)
Have your say on children’s rights online
Consultation | 01 September 2021
How can we ensure that we promote, protect, respect and fulfil the rights of all children and young people when they go online? Have your say in the #DigitalDecade4YOUth consultation, running from 1 September until 11 October 2021.