Digital Economy and Society Index Report 2020 - Digital Public Services
In 2019 both the quality and usage of digital public services increased. 67% of people who otherwise use the internet who submitted forms to their public administration reported that they now use online channels (up from 57% in 2014), which shows the convenience of online procedures over paper-based ones. The top performers in this area are Estonia, Spain, Denmark, Finland and Latvia.
- Trends in European Digital Public Services in the EU 2015 (.ppt)
- Trends in European Digital Public Services in the EU 2015 (.pdf)
- eGovernment Benchmark Insight Report 2015 (pdf)
- eGovernment Benchmark Background Report 2015 (pdf)
- Developments in eGovernment in the EU 2014
- EU eGovernment Benchmark Report 2014 (SMART 2013/0053-3)
These reports present the result of the 11th eGovernment Benchmark, which is thefirst complete measurement of online public services (running across 2012-2013).
- Study for EC: Benchmarking Deployment of eHealth among General Practitioners 2013 - SMART 2011/0033
The study was carried out with the objectives of: a) measuring the level of availability and use of eHealth in primary care; b) examining what drives or hampers the overall level of eHealth adoption
- Study for EC: European Hospital Survey - Benchmarking Deployment of eHealth services (2012-2013) - SMART 2011/0020; SMART 2012/0036
A survey carried out in about 1,800 hospitals in all EU Member States plus Iceland and Norway measures the level of deployment and take-up of ICT and eHealth applications in acute care hospitals in Europe.
- See section 3.7 on eGovernment in the chapter on Internet use and skills (.pdf)
- eGovernment Benchmark 2012 insight report - SMART 2012/0034-2 (.pdf)
This 'Insight Report' presents the findings of the 2012 eGovernment survey, discusses the implications, and makes some outline recommendations. It is supplemented by a more detailed “Background Report”, and openly available 'online survey data'
- eGovernment Benchmark 2012 background report (.pdf)
- Annex 1 (High-definition country factsheets) (.zip)
- Complete data set —- part 1 (.zip)
- Complete data set —- part 2 (.zip)
- eGovernment trends (.pdf)
- Pillar actions overview (.pdf)
- Study for EC: Statistical Methods on Internet as a Source of Data Gathering - SMART 2010/030 (.pdf)
Traditional statistics generally take several years to prepare. By the time they capture the uptake the diffusion could have reached a critical point. It is here that ICT comes to the rescue since it is not only a goal in itself but also a mean to measure the latest trends
- Executive summary (.pdf)
This Method Paper contains the technical description of the 2012 eGovernment Benchmark project.
- Study for the EC: Digitising Public Services in Europe — benchmark measurement 2010 report - SMART 2010/0040-1 (.pdf)
One of the flagship studies in measuring public sector performance. The benchmark uses a comprehensive ranking system to identify those European countries that have implemented the most mature eGovernment services
- Detailed data set (.xls)
- Historical dataset (.xls)
- Study for EC: Open Government and Transparency — SMART 2010/0040-2 (.pdf)
The benchmark pilot addresses both the Transparency and collaborative nature of eGovernment service delivery as well as the Openness of policy as a whole in terms of the availability of participative, so-called Web 2.0 policy instruments
- Study for EC: eHealth benchmarking (survey of hospitals) — SMART 2009/0022 (.pdf)
Study provides an overview of how Europe's acute hospitals use eHealth. It offers empirical evidence from hospital's Chief Information Officers and it gives a sense of the attitudes and motivations of Medical Directors
- JRC-IPTS report on benchmarking of eHealth deployment (.pdf)