Digital Economy and Society Index Report 2020 - Use of Internet Services
Internet use continued to increase year-on-year with 85% of Europeans surfing the internet at least once per week (up from 75% in 2014). In this category, figures range from 67% in Bulgaria to 95% in Denmark. The use of video calls has grown the most, from 49% of internet users in 2018 to 60% in 2019. Internet banking and shopping are also more popular, being used by 66% and 71% of internet users respectively. In contrast, only 11% of Europeans completed a course online in 2019.
- Use of Internet Services by Citizens in the EU 2015 (.ppt)
- Use of Internet Services by Citizens in the EU 2015 (.pdf)
- Digital Inclusion and Skills in the EU 2014
- Recent Trends in the Use of the Internet Services and Applications in the EU 2014
- Monitoring Internet usage and online content (.pdf)
- Monitoring trust and security (pdf)
- Study for EC: Attitudes on Data Protection and Electronic Identity (pdf)
This study presents the results of the largest survey ever conducted regarding citizen’s behaviours and attitudes concerning identity management, data protection and privacy.