European Broadband Awards 2021
Europe’s digital transformation by 2030 relies on providing citizens with access to a gigabit connectivity and 5G services. Europe digital decade begins with the relaunch of European Broadband Awards for 2021. All projects advanced in implementation, big or small, rural or urban, private or public, local, regional, national or cross-border, and covering all technologies are welcome to apply for the 2021 awards.
The application deadline is 17 September 2021. The winners will receive an EU Broadband Award in the Autumn and will be showcased by the European Commission in the media, EU websites, newsletters and in the broadband good practices database.
How and when to apply?
Download the application form (.pdf) and the guide for applicants (.pdf). Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in the application (xlsx file) and submit via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is 17 September 2021, 16:00 CET.
The winners will be announced and awarded at the ceremony and invited to present their project at the Broadband Day in Autumn 2021. The winners will also be featured on the Broadband Europe pages, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
The projects will apply and will be awarded in one of the five categories:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment. The projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
- Cost reduction measures and co-investment. The category is addressed to projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in infrastructure, including cross-border/multi country projects.
- Socio-economic impact in rural and remote areas. The category is for projects that have direct and indirect socio-economic impacts and substantially improved connections to and in the remote and rural areas
- Demand generation and take-up of connectivity. The projects that implemented measures stimulating the demand side and increasing the take-up of a wide range of fixed and/or wireless/mobile, including 5G, services and applications will apply in this category.
- Quality and affordability of services. The category is addressed to projects focusing on providing high quality and affordable services for end-users.
Previous editions of the awards
You will find more information about previous editions of the awards, the finalists and the winners in the European Broadband Awards archive.
Further information & support
European Broadband Awards Helpdesk at atene KOM
Tel: +49 341 962103 19