The European Broadband Awards and the B-Day are postponed to 2021. The European Broadband Awards are open to all types of projects advanced in their implementation, irrespective of the size, location, or technologies used. The competition targets national, regional, and local public authorities (e.g. municipalities, regions and administrations) as well as large and small privately funded projects that adopt innovative models of investment, business or financing.
European Broadband Awards 2019
Projects from all over Europe have applied for the European Broadband Awards 2019. The Jury assessed the projects and selected the 15 finalists and the 5 winners. The winners were announced and awarded in the Broadband Awards ceremony (2 Dec). Winning projects were also presented in the Broadband Day Conference in Brussels (3 Dec). The winners are featured on the Digital Single Market website, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe as well as in a number of events across Europe.
Interviews with the winners
- Rural Network - Innovative model of financing, business and investment (RUNE)
- Support for broadband infrastructure (stage II) - PRIP2
- PEBA Basque Country - Ultrafast broadband services extension in areas of economic activity and rural zones
- Sarantaporo.gr Wireless Community Network
- KCOM Lightstream full fibre broadband deployment
Previous editions of the awards
You will find more information about previous editions of the awards, the finalists and the winners in the European Broadband Awards archive.
Further information & support
European Broadband Awards Helpdesk at atene KOM
Tel: +49 30 6098990 19