The European Union has set ambitious connectivity targets. The Commission's Digital Compass proposal puts forward the ambition thatby 2030 all European households will be covered by a gigabit network and that all populated areas will be covered by 5G.
Ambitious connectivity targets need to be matched by equally ambitious and strong funding instruments. This brochure gives an overview of the different financial tools that the European Union has made available to support Member States and private investors.
- Recovery and Resilience Facility
- European Regional Development Fund
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
- Just Transition Fund
- Connecting Europe Facility - Digital
- Connecting Europe Broadband Fund
- InvestEU Fund
EU Funding for Broadband 2021-2027