Beyond having to adopt national laws, regulations and administrative measures to transpose the obligations set out in the Web Accessibility Directive into national law, Member States must take measures to further improve web accessibility.
According to the Directive, Member States need to:
- promote and facilitate training programmes for relevant stakeholders and staff of public sector bodies;
- raise awareness of the accessibility requirements and of their benefits to users and to owners of websites and mobile applications;
- inform users of the possibility of giving feedback if they encounter non-accessible content;
- take measures to facilitate the application of the accessibility requirements to other types of websites or mobile applications, apart from those of public sector bodies.
This webpage provides a collection of links to Member States’ resources on web accessibility, such as general information, explanations, guidelines, guidance, relevant legislation and administration, as received from the Member States. The list will be updated periodically with new information as the European Commission receives further resources from the Member States. Publication on the webpage does not imply that the European Commission endorses or agrees with the content.
This page may contain references to national measures transposing the Directive. For references to all national measures, please consult the EUR-Lex website.
The Member States are listed in the official protocol order (alphabetical order in Member States' own languages).
If you have further links to recommend, please write to CNECT-WAD@ec.europa.eu.
- Accesibilidad (Portal de Administración Electrónica) / Accessibility (eGovernment portal)
- Référentiel Général d'Accessibilité pour les Administrations (RGAA), version 3, 2017 / General Accessibility Framework for Administrations (RGAA), version 3, 2017
- L’accessibilité numérique, entre nécessité et opportunité – Une obligation légale vis-à-vis des citoyens, un levier stratégique pour les acteurs (Rapport du Conseil national du numérique) (pdf, 1,3 MB) / Digital Accessibility, Between Necessity and Opportunity: A legal obligation to citizens, a strategic tool for stakeholders (French Digital Council Report)
- Smjernice za osiguravanje digitalne pristupačnosti (CARNET - Hrvatska akademska i istraživačka mreža) / English language version: Digital Accessibility Guidelines (CARNET - Croatian Academic and Research Network)]
- Digital tillgänglighet (DIGG - Myndigheten för digital förvaltning) / Digital accessibility (DIGG - Agency for Digital Government)
- Vägledning för webbutveckling (Webbriktlinjer) - De officiella riktlinjerna för hur man bör arbeta med webbplatser i offentlig sektor / Web development guide (web services) - Official guidance on how to work with websites in the public sector