What is Creative Europe MEDIA Programme?
Creative Europe is the EU programme supporting the cultural and creative sectors. The new Creative Europe 2021-2027, with a budget of €2.44 billion, will invest in actions that reinforce cultural diversity and respond to the needs and challenges of the cultural and creative sectors. Its novelties will contribute to the recovery of these sectors, reinforcing their efforts to become more digital, greener, more resilient and more inclusive.
In 2021, the MEDIA programme celebrated 30 years of support to European audiovisual content and started a new programme for the 2021-2027 period, which supporting actions are divided in 4 thematic clusters, according to the goals they pursue:
- content: encouraging collaboration and innovation in the creation and production of high-quality works.
- business: promoting business innovation, competitiveness, scalability and talents to strengthen Europe’s industry vis-à-vis global competitors.
- audience: strengthening the accessibility and visibility of works for their potential audiences, through distribution channels and audience development initiatives.
- policy: supporting policy discussion/exchange fora, studies and reports. Promoting awareness-raising activities.
The MEDIA strand focuses on:
- encouraging cooperation both across the value chain and at EU level in order to scale up audio-visual enterprises and European content globally;
- nurturing talents, wherever they come from, and broadening participation and collaboration across countries;
- enhancing global circulation, promotion and distribution of European audiovisual works, taking into account the new digital environment;
- supporting the engagement and development of audiences of all ages, in particular young audiences, across Europe and beyond.
Where can I find out more?
You can contact the Creative Europe Desks in your national country